I think I am making this whole boot camp thing sound all fun and rosie! I decided to post earlier in the day when the memory of what we went through is still fresh. Oh my gosh! I was a little nauseated this morning thinking about boot camp - you never know what to expect. I consoled myself by saying Friday is my friend's favorite day. I don't want to scare anyone off from doing a boot camp because it totally rocks and it will rock more in 4 weeks when (its over!) we measure our success.
First he spent some time reviewing journals. He picked 3 random people. Oh my - I hope he doesn't pick my journal to read in front of everyone and make me do 50 pushups and burpees. One guy had to do that because he had a Cafe Rio burrito (which sounds so delicious!), 3 glasses of wine a day, and ate zero vegetables. His praise was that he was honest.
Our workout was outside today. Running outside is a different ball game than running on a treadmill! 2 groups - all the strongest players were in a group, lucky me was with the other group.
Military run around the parking lot - we were in a single file line. last person sprints to the front and you continue for 3 times around the parking lot. 1 person from group 1 dropped with group 2 and 3 of group 2 couldn't keep up with us.
Then we were split up randomly to do the other torture.
Run with sandbag - the length of the parking lot with 20 lb. sandbag on your back - twice
Prowler - 100 yards (or so) and back with a partner - hard to push with 2 people because you have to be somewhat the same. I was with a powerhouse girl - she was going to kill me off.
Sprint/burpees - sprint 80 yards, 15 burpees, sprint back, 15 burpees - Twice
Curbside work - toe taps on the curb, hop on the curb and off, pushups on the curb, situps
Ladder run - Run to 1st cone then back, go to 2nd cone and back, etc. until you get to the 10th cone = 80 yards
At the end - Relay Race - Push the Prowler 40 yards and back, grab 20 lb. sandbag over your back, run 80 yards and back.
My team won the relay by a lot, but the other team didn't have to do anything because they lost. Remember when I was on the losing team last time - 50 pushups!!!
I am glad I was somewhat in shape when I started this. I do not like to run, but I have to come to realize that running burns calories!
No comments:
Post a Comment