Friday, March 4, 2011

Boot Camp - Day 3 (End of Week 1)

Week 1 is said to be the hardest - and I survived!

Today we did cardio stuff - working a lot of lower body. We were divided into groups of 3 and had 6 stations to rotate through.
1. Prowler - extra weight, pushing it 80 yards and back 1-2 times depending on how fast you were.
2. Run with a 20 lb. sand bag to the end of the strip mall and back (I did it twice)
3. Aerobics steps with 4 blocks under. Hop over block side to side. Straddle block and then jump up, jump down to a straddle, repeat. Toe taps on the block
4. Tire Run - just like football players do - about 10 tires.
5. Ladder - rope ladder flat on ground. Hopscotch - jump in square, both feet outside of ladder, repeat
6. Run up and down the stairs - over and over and over. Boys had to carry 2x10 lb kettle bells. I am sure by the end of this the girls will do the same.

The guy in my group was Chad - he is hilarious. On the sandbags he kept cheering us on. He said, "Pretend you are carring your child to freedom." Then on the tires he was goofing off dancing (while Brad went outside to check on the prowler and sandbag runners) and he wasn't paying attention and fell right as Brad was walking back into the gym. "What are you doing Chad - go go go!"

At the start of boot camp, Brad asked "Who ate something bad?" A girl said she had 4 good & plentys - 50 push ups! 3 glasses of wine - 1 would be ok, but not 3 - 50 pushups! Tiny slice of cheese pizza from Papa Johns - 50! Shot of Scotch - Good for you! "Who didn't exercise yesterday?" 50 Burpees (Eventhough you get 2 days/week off). Brad feels that Week 1 you should be super motivated!

A girl didn't bring her food journal and she had to put on the 40 lb. vest and run around the parking lot and then had to do burpees while Brad was talking to us. You have to be accountable to yourself. You can't cheat or you won't get results BUT I certainly wouldn't admit that I had 4 good & plenty candies! I would know for myself I did wrong and make up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment