Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Boot Camp - Day 5

Wednesdays are Weights
He set up 11 stations to rotate through. Of course one of them was the Prowler - whoever invented that thing needs to be shot!
(1) Prowler - down and back (160 yards)
(2) Mountain Climbers - Slippery mat with booties on feet. Hands on ground, sliding feet on mat doing the mountain climber
(3) Core - booties on hands in push up position. Slide hands out in front as far as you can go engaging core then step hands back
(4) Sand bag Squats - holding 30 lb. sand bag and do a front squat
(5) Sand bag Rows - holding 30 lb. sand bag bend at waist slightly and row arms back
(6) Kettle Bell Swing - holding 2 kettle bells (15 lb. each) squat and swing up to eye level
(7) Running Core - hang by straps from a bar and run in place, high knees. you are hanging
(8) Half bubble ball obliques - lay low on ball, lean back, touch elbow to opposite knee
(9) triceps - lay on back on bench, drop 25 lb. weight back over head and lift up. If tired - do chest press
(10) Boxing bag flip - Flip the boxing bag end over end. Doing a squat with the lift
(11) Walking lunges with weights

Each rotation was 2 minutes - A LONG 2 MINUTES!
I was partners with Linda. We work well together.

When we cleaned up, I went out to help get the prowlers in. I came in and told Trainer Brad that someone had stolen a prowler. He got a panicked look on his face. I said, "Just kidding." I think I might pay for that joke later! Yikes - lookout!

After I came home and got kids off to school - I went and ran 3 miles on treadmill. Incline 2 32:42 was my time (speed was 5.7, went to 6, last 1/10 miles 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment