Tuesday, April 19, 2011

BEWARE: Graphic Content

I got an emergency call at work today from Dana saying, "I cut Marshall's hand with the chain saw." You can imagine what I was thinking his hand looked like. I questioned how is Marshall. Dana said he was talking - which meant that he wasn't in shock - and they were headed to the insta-care. The insta-care? Any encounter with a chain saw would surely require more than the insta-care. Of course it was too much for the insta-care but they got them right in to the plastic surgeon's office. A better plan than going to the ER and waiting for the plastic surgeon to come there.

Marshall was holding branches and Dana was cutting them up. The chain saw jerked on the branch - maybe because it hit a knot - and pulled Marshall's hand onto the chain. He had work gloves on - the doctor thought that probably didn't matter. He was very lucky to not cut anything off. It cut about halfway through the tendon. He has 5 stitches sewing the tendon together, 5 deep stitches, and 28 surface stitches. His arm is in a heavy hard gigantic splint because the doctor doesn't want anything moving or bumped. He is doing ok now that he is sewn up and on pain medicine. Bad news for him - NO soccer for at least a month (by the way the entire soccer season is a month). Great way to spend spring break! He had a friend at our house when it happened so he can have a witness when he tells everyone at school "my dad cut me with the chain saw" and they don't believe him.






4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh how scary!?! I'm glad he's ok and it wasn't worse. Poor kid. Poor Dana! I bet he feels terrible... But hey, who else can say his dad cut him with a chain saw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so sorry this happened to your little guy! My hubby's dad hit him in the foot with an ax! His friends didn't believe the story either!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck!!! That is a crazy story... Makes me sick even thinking about it :( Poor guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor guy! That is one huge cast! I hope he is getting better :)

    ReplyDelete