The final adventure with the "cousin visit" was Cherry Hill. We have been wanting to do this, but the weather has been so rainy. We decided to just hold our breath and go for it. The weather held out - no rain - the rain scared other campers away, so the campground was nearly empty. The water slide park was nearly empty. We had Cherry Hill to ourselves.




Molly's favorite thing was the lazy river. I took her down the other slide that was like a raging river and she just screamed and cried the entire time.

We had fun miniature golfing.


We made foil dinners for dinner and brought the s'more maker to have s'mores. I think that is one thing I like about Cherry Hill - you can't have fires. It is a bummer, but atleast everything and everybody doesn't smell like the campfire.

Dana came up early and had breakfast with us and helped tear down camp. The kids found a cherry tree - they did keep saying "Why is it called Cherry Hill and there are no cherry trees on the hill." They had to climb high, but were able to toss down some cherries to enjoy. They also loved the other activities we did today at Cherry Hill - aeroball, batting cages and "hampster haven."
Todd and Kim drove down to pick the boys up today. I think they were ready to go home.
For scouts - one more campout down - alot more to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment