Last night we chose Tanners Flat Campground to camp. We went up at lunch time with only the tent to make sure there were sites open. There were - we set up the tent and came home to get everything else ready. The day was looking like it would be a nice camp - until a wind storm! I thought I better head up with all the "stuff" and make sure our tent was still there. Marshall stayed home for soccer practice and Dana brought him up later. I was just thinking this camping stuff isn't that bad. I have my bin of "kitchen" supplies and "pantry" box. I know what items to pack and how to pack them in the car so everything can fit. Cole, Molly and I found that the tent was A-O-K. They played for a little bit in the stream and then RAIN!!! We laid in the tent for a bit. When it stopped - I built a fire - AMAZING FEAT! Dana and Marshall got to the site and we had smores. We got ready for bed and then RAIN - all night RAIN! When we woke up, I decided to just wrap everything up and go get McDonalds and go home to let everything dry out.
This camping stuff - I think I would like it much better without the rain, but probably even better in a camper or even a hotel! What I have found is that kids have fun where ever you are. Molly and Cole spent their time finding rocks in the stream.
Seriously! You are the best mom ever. There is no way I would have done all this camping!
ReplyDelete