I have felt in a rutt with dinner and wanted to try some new recipes. I tried one on Wednesday that everybody ate - but the feedback was "You shouldn't make this again, mom."
Tonight I tried this recipe for Swiss Steak in the crock pot - Oh my - gobbled up by all! Enjoy!
SWISS STEAK
3-4 T. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1-1/2 to 2 lbs. round steak (I used top sirloin because I already had it)
oil
1/2 of an onion - sliced (I chopped mine fine because the kids don't like onions)
1 lb. carrots (I used big carrots and cut them in round circles)
14-1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 T. brown sugar
1-1/2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Combine flour, salt, pepper, and dry mustard.
Cut steak into serving pieces. Put in large ziploc bag with flour mixture. Shake to coat. Brown on both sides in oil in skillet. Place in slow cooker.
Add onions and carrots.
Combine tomatoes, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Pour into slow cooker.
Cover. Cook High 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
Stir in can of cream of mushroom soup before serving over egg noodles.
It sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try it.
ReplyDeleteI just read all of your last posts...Hilarious! That big ol dog howling? So funny. LOVE LOVE LOVE your family! Im calling you tonight...Miss ya. Sis
ReplyDelete