Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lesson Learned the Hard Way

Sometimes you learn your lesson the hard way! Last night, I went to the store and when I got home, I was greeted by Dana saying, "Don't get mad at Cole." "What did he do?" Then Dana showed me a handful of hair. I asked, "Did Cole cut his hair? Did he cut Molly's hair?"
No - Cole was riding his bike down the small hill up the road and went over a jump. Wrecked. Landed on his helmetless head! And was scalped by the sidewalk. He also had some scrapes on his shoulder, back and hand.
You can see the red part is raw and then behind it is baldness where only the hair was ripped out. I think all summer - everytime someone gets on their bike or skooter - I have to say "where is your helmet." Hopefully he and Molly/Marshall can learn from this experience.
My good friend, Ricky, scaped more tissue and hair off the sidewalk and walked over to see if Cole was okay. With her was Sam (who witnessed the accident) riding his wakeboard with no helmet. I said, "where is your helmet?" He told his mom, "It is my wakeboard - I am not going to wreck on my wakeboard." Ricky said, "Do you think Cole thought he was going to wreck on his bike?" Sam said, "He should have because he was going 100 miles an hour!"

2 comments:

  1. Poor Cole. Give him a big burp in the face for me to make him smile. Poor little man. Will hair grow back if you get scalped?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) We are helmet patrol at our house as well as Snow Basin we ask every kid in the Gondola, Where is your helmet?

    ReplyDelete