Friday, August 28, 2009

Crazy Week

Marshall started 7th GRADE on Tuesday. Crazy. What a huge adjustment. 8 classes, tons of kids he doesn't know, and a locker. Seriously - I worry about him getting around, getting to class on time, not getting lost (or beat up) and having a friend to sit by at lunch. He is going through a "stage" right now that I can't quite explain. I think maybe the braces are making him self conscience, maybe he is growing - I have no idea. He doesn't talk much and he tends to fall down the stairs daily (big feet maybe). I know he will do just fine - I just have to remember how I was in 7th grade. My mom wasn't holding my hand every step and I am just fine - I think!

Cole just started 4th grade. Unbelievable! He was so excited to start school and see his friends and be a big 4th grader! When I picked him up from school, he couldn't stop jabbering about his day. This is so unlike him. I usually have to drag yes and no answers out of him. If the questions need more of an answer, he will say "I don't know" or "I don't remember". I think maybe a Freaky Friday thing happened and Marshall and Cole traded personalities!

Molly wanted to get her picture taken too! Her official first day of school is next Thursday. She did go today to meet her teacher and be tested on what she already knows. She is a smart little cookie and is not afraid to tell you her life story! She looks like a tiny baby sitting at the kindergarten tables, but she is so ready and excited to go to school. I am not sure how I will feel when she goes - half day of no children. Sounds like I could be so productive!

4 comments:

  1. Just a phase with Marsh. Take him out to lunch, dinner. Just you two. 6th grade starts middle school here. So Josh did all of what Marsh is doing now last year. Be patient. Have some of his friends over for pizza...get the boy talking. Did you take him cloths shopping? Im sure that you did. NO worries. Marsh will be fine. He's a great kid, He WONT get beat up etc. I know...I was just about crying my eyes out when Josh had to get on a BUS and he didnt know a SOUL then do the whole day of school without knowing ANYONE...talk about stress. Marsh is going to be fine. Just sit back and relax. All mine will be in school this year...Oh, what will I do? Wish I had an active profession! I love you. LOVE reading your blog...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could be productive, or WE could FINALLY go to lunch! That sounds like a much better idea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sure Marshall is fine 7th through 9th grade was so horrible for me you know as girls thats when we start our physical maturing stage and we have all those hormones making us act wierd. Now imagin being a guy who is not used to all those crazy hormonal teen girls and suddenly you are thrown into a school full of them. SCARY!!! Its a big adjustment. He will come around. :)
    Cole was so funny with Joe on Thursday! Those two were so chill guy bonding he he its funny to watch.
    Molly is such a princess I LOVE HER!!!! I bet she is smart! She is after all your kid! ;)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Carey. All 3 in school now! That's pretty crazy to think about!

    ReplyDelete