Saturday, May 30, 2009

Rhubarb

Who likes rhubarb? I do and the plant I have isn't doing so well. When we were in Pocatello, we got some from Grandma Lorraine's neighbor. I have plenty now, so I tried a new recipe. It was pretty good, so I thought I would share.

RHUBARB UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
rhubarb - chopped to cover bottom of 9x13 pan (probably 2-3 cups)
Layer of miniature marshmellows
Sprinkle with small box raspberry jello (could use strawberry)
Prepare white or yellow cake mix according to box and pour over top.
Bake 350 for 1 hour. Cover with foil halfway through cooking so the cake doesn't get too done.
Can dump out on platter or just scoop up. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.

1 comment:

  1. it must be an Idaho thing but I LOVE Rhubarb. I made Rhubarb crumble last week actually...you want Vi's recipe? It was to die for. Love you sister...

    ReplyDelete