Monday, February 28, 2011

Bootcamp - Day 1

Didn't sleep well last night. Nauseated in the morning. I was just a nervous wreck - what have I signed up for? Day 1 was assessment day. How many situps, pushups, burpees. How long hold plank position. Then this insane pushing of the prowler. This metal weighted sled we had to push 80 yards in the parking lot then turn around and come back. Tough!!! The rest of the hour was spent with insane cardio stuff. I found out that even though I exercise 6 times a week - I stop when I am tired or when an exercise is too much. There is no stopping with trainer Brad in the room. Cherry pickers, knees up, jumping jacks, burpies, bear crawl. 6 am couldn't come too soon. I survived. I was really shaky when I got home. Week 1 is the hardest - they say?!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Carey! I've been thinking about signing up for boot camp... but it scares me! And the only time I'd be able to go would be super early in the morning before Tim goes to work... and you know me an morniings! Excuses, excuses. I'm excited to read about your experience though. :)

    ReplyDelete