Last night I went to the public library to pick up some books I had put on hold. There was a line at the self-checkout, so the librarian helped the next person in line - ME! I went to the counter and I didn't have my library card with me. She was about to ask me a question (like what is your name and I can look it up?) when I said, "I know my library card number by heart." She widened her eyes in amazement as I rattled off my 14 digit card number.
To add to that - when I went home I checked Marshall's Algebra homework. I didn't just check his work, I compared his work to my work. I do his same Algebra assignments (because I like math) and then compare answers. I know - I am a nerd - and to add to it - I have glasses now. Well maybe I have glasses because I have "over 40" eyes - not because I am a nerd!
I thought you started wearing glasses to look smart! Now I know you are smart... Algebra, library card numbers, piano lesssons, an amazing singing career. What's next?! ;)
ReplyDeleteI know my library card number by heart, too. I'm not sure if that helps or makes it worse. :)
ReplyDeleteNo, you're a NERD for sure! NOBODY does 7th grade math unless they have to...but...I still love you!
ReplyDeleteI'm part nerd. I know my library card # by heart, but I DO NOT do Algebra for fun. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are a nerd! The very best kind for sure! you like math? Really? Weird. xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteI laughed right out loud when I read your post. I know my library card number too, but MATH on your own...you need to take the "geek test". Go ahead and google it.
ReplyDelete